Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Snaily McSnailerson


I've always thought snails were kind of cute. Don't ask me why, because I'm not really sure. Maybe it's their little eye/feeler things. I doubt I'll ever know for sure.

I don't really see many snails here in Connecticut. I don't know if it's not warm enough for them or what, but this photo was not taken where I currently live. I took it when I was living in Hawaii the last time between 2006 and 2007. It was just after a good rain and all the critters were coming out to play when I saw this little fellow making his way along a rock wall outside the house I was staying at. I immediately grabbed my camera and took some photos of his journey to the other side of the wall, and liked this one the best. I call him Snaily McSnailerson, or "Snailsy" for short.