Monday, April 27, 2009

Home Sweet Home


This one doesn't need much explination, really. Although I was born in Southern California and lived there for the longest period of time in my life thus far, it is not the only place I call home. Not by a long shot. I only lived there until I was ten, and don't have a very large amount of memories left from there. Sad, but it happens.

I moved to Hawaii, more specifically the island of Oahu, the first time when I was thirteen years old and was instantly in love with the islands. I even loved school there, and if you know me, you'll know what a big statement that is. I learned to love and then teach sailing there, among numerous other amazing things. I moved back two years ago, but then wound up back on the mainland after a not nearly long enough stay. Oahu will always be my home, even if I never make it back there, or only make it back to visit.

So this photo is simply a close-up of the Hawaiian island chain on a globe we've had since I can remember. Hope you like it!