Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Washed Out


Again, my apologies for the gaps in postings. Things were a bit crazy the past few days, but I won't get into that now. After all, that's not what you come here for, is it?

I love rainy days. I definitely prefer warm and raining, but lately it's been a bit chilly and very damp outside. I love how, every once in a while, you get those rainy and very overcast days that seem to wash the color out of everything. It allows you to look at everything outside and see it completely different. I think it's quite beautiful, personally.

This is a photo I took of my neighbors tree on one of those days that sucks the color from everything. A bit terrifying, seeing as how I had to lean out of my second floor bedroom window to get this particular perspective. However, I'm proud to say that I didn't drain the color in photoshop and that my camera actually captured what I was going for. It was worth the risk. As gorgeous as this tree is on sunny days, with it's pinks and whites shining in all their glory, it is just as beautiful when it's washed out in a mid spring rain.